Nutritious Minds Consulting evaluations adopt an evidence-based, holistic and personalised approach to all our clients. We assist families from multiple perspectives with a role of nutrition in assisting with symptoms associated with brain-health conditions and learning and behaviour differences including ADHD, Autistic Spectrum Disorders, Depression, Anxiety and more.
Our support and services include:
- Assistance through the initial evaluation and diagnostic process
- Detailed assessments of your child’s specific learning and behavioural differences (with input from qualified professionals) and reports which can be used as evidence in tribunals and elsewhere
- Classroom observations
- Verbal and non-verbal reasoning skills
- Standardised symptom check-list and an overview of current and previous developmental history
- Structured clinical interviews
- Assistance obtaining an EHCP
- Navigation through the education system, professional liaison with teachers, headteachers, education authorities and other professional agencies
- Support at tribunals and appeals.
- Nutritional expertise in relation to child, adolescent and adult brain-health conditions
- Assessment for nutritional insufficiencies, advice on brain-selective nutrients which have been found to positively enhance attention networks, cognition and mood and better assist in symptom management.
- Food allergy and intolerance testing
- Personalized nutrition plans
- Omega-3 index testing
- Advice on nutritional supplements
- Personal mentoring, life-coach service to facilitate achievement of personal and professional goals
- The implementation of positive behaviour management techniques
- Fitness coaching for the whole family
We evaluate "brain-selective" nutrients which assist in neurotransmission function and the regulation of both serotonin (the chemical which governs happiness) and dopamine (reward). We have partnered with a reputable clinic who analyses the nutrient profile of all our clients (which requires going for a blood draw at a London-based laboratory on Weymouth Street). The results of our bespoke assessments guide our personalised nutritional direction and plan.
If you are interested in a nutritional and brain-health consultation, please allow 2 hours for your first visit and contact us to schedule an appointment.
We believe that nutritional medicine should be mainstream in psychiatry: "The emerging and compelling evidence for nutrition as a crucial factor in the high prevalence and incidence of mental disorders suggests that diet is as important to psychiatry as it is to cardiology, endocrinology and gastoenterology".
- Sarris et al, Lancet Psychiatry 2015